As for momma news, doctor looked at our incision and said yep, still there, looks good. He offered to take off the tape, I asked if it would hurt, he said probably, I said no thanks. If its still there next week, he said I could take it off, hopefully by then it will have begun to wear off. The nurse weighed me, I've lost 48 pounds in 10 days! Only 18 more until we are back where I started, not bad in my book since it was twins, of course 10 of the 66 was babies, but hey I'll take what I am given. Probably helped that I've been on the move since we got out of the hospital last week and I'm sure all the pumping helps also.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Latest Jake, Addy, and momma news
I have to say that I loved our nurse that Jake had last night, Hannah was awesome! She talked to us while we sat there holding Jake, in turns of course someone had to stay with Addy. She told us that he really could come off the oxygen completely, that even at 26% it wasn't doing much, it just makes it easier to feed him because he is more comfortable. Right now they are focusing on his feedings, he has to eat all his bottles before he can come home, right now he is at 2 bottles/day with 31cc in each. Last night was his first 2nd bottle and when we called at 3am he had eaten all of 1 and was still hungry so Hannah gave him some more, then he got tired and crashed. They have turned down his TPN, his lipids and sugars, so that he can begin to feel the hunger, which apparently he is feeling. The nurse says that one day it will just click and he will being to wake up crying for his bottle, since we haven't heard him all out cry, we are waiting for that moment. Andy is going to try to feed him his noon bottle today, they discouraged it a couple of days ago because his oxygen may drop and he might struggle and it can be hard to see. I don't think I can handle that, but Andy has said regardless he wants to do it. They stressed consistency in our CPR/infant care class with feedings since he has 3-4 nurses a day there is no consistency in his feedings since they will all feed differently. So if we can do as many of his feedings as possible, it is to his and our benefit, hopefully it will encourage Jake to quit being lazy and work for his food if it comes from Andy or I. The nurse did say that he sucks his pacifier with gusto so she doesn't understand why he craps out on the bottle other than just being lazy. Andy did say that she pinched his cheeks last night so he could get a better suck and that seemed to do the trick. Hopefully he will continue this upward trend with feedings and we can bust him out before too long. I told Andy yesterday that I will be so glad when we never have to come back here again, we are both tired of it all and ready to all be at home together.
Addy is well Addy, running the show like normal, well we let her think she runs it, actually Jake runs it since everything revolves around the visits to NICU, but she comes in a close second. Luckily she is little and portable enough that she is forced to roll with it.
As for momma news, doctor looked at our incision and said yep, still there, looks good. He offered to take off the tape, I asked if it would hurt, he said probably, I said no thanks. If its still there next week, he said I could take it off, hopefully by then it will have begun to wear off. The nurse weighed me, I've lost 48 pounds in 10 days! Only 18 more until we are back where I started, not bad in my book since it was twins, of course 10 of the 66 was babies, but hey I'll take what I am given. Probably helped that I've been on the move since we got out of the hospital last week and I'm sure all the pumping helps also.
As for momma news, doctor looked at our incision and said yep, still there, looks good. He offered to take off the tape, I asked if it would hurt, he said probably, I said no thanks. If its still there next week, he said I could take it off, hopefully by then it will have begun to wear off. The nurse weighed me, I've lost 48 pounds in 10 days! Only 18 more until we are back where I started, not bad in my book since it was twins, of course 10 of the 66 was babies, but hey I'll take what I am given. Probably helped that I've been on the move since we got out of the hospital last week and I'm sure all the pumping helps also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds good...
and I've got to say...48 pounds in 10 days! WOW!
Post a Comment