Well sunday, July 19th, the doctor decided it was time for the twins to make their appearance into our world. Pre-clampsia took a turn for the worse really quick and he believed that they would do alot better outside and take the stress off of my liver. Doctor old us we were having some babies, start to finish, 2.5 hours later, both babies came into the world at 5lbs. 1oz and 17 inches long. Both spent time in the special care nursery, Addy came out and was in the regular nursery by 11pm, Jake has wimpy white boy syndrome, he is fighting his oxygen levels. The pediatric doctor finally made the call yesterday afternoon that he needed to go to Montgomery for NICU monitoring. Luckily, we are looking at just his lungs needing time to mature and no other problems. It was hard to say goodbye to him yesterday while they transported him, we haven't had a chance to hold him yet, but Andy and his parents followed the van up there while my parents are staying with me. Addy and I are planning on heading up there Wednesday afternoon after we get discharged, hopefully he will be ready to get sent home soon. I talked to the Neonatologist this morning, as did Andy, and he is already doing better, they have given him a steroid shot to help his lungs and the doctor said that with his size and how stable he is now, he should get to come home in a few days with no long term side effects. He says he is strong and healthy even with the lungs, and that it appeared that the sedation on the trip up to Montgomery helped relax him enough to let the medicine work to its full potential. Andy finally got to see him around 12am this morning, I know it helps me that Jake has somebody up there, even if he doesn't realize it, and as hormonal/emotional that I am, Addy and I have spent our time bonding. We'll keep everyone updated on Jake's situation through the blog.
As for Ms. thing, she is doing great, already gained 4ozs and we have all learned that you do not unswaddle the girl, she throws a fit, but she quiets right down when I start talking, which blows my mind that they can recognize mom's voice from outside the womb. She's been spending the day with us and mine and her first night together, monday night, I had to send her to the nursery to get some sleep. I feel guilty, but Andy wants me to get as much rest as possible after the surgery and not sleeping since saturday evening. So I finally sent her down at 1130pm and felt guilty the whole time, but I'm no good to Addy or Jake if I'm falling asleep. Recovery is a little rough, very sore, I'm still swollen, but going good. So for now sleeping is on my agenda, but yet here I am, not sleeping at 2am, lol. I'd post new pictures of grandparents and the twins, but the camera is across the room and I'm not getting up anytime soon so I'll edit this post later today with them. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!
2 comments:
Congratulations Lisa! The babies are beautiful. You're right to take care of yourself, please don't feel guilty! You need to rest and Addy is in wonderful hands in the nursery. Did you have a C-section? Are you nursing? I'm sure both of those things are physically and emotionally draining.
We're thinking of you and are SO glad you updated already. We'll keep the whole family in our prayers.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad to hear that you have two healthy babies! I can't wait to see pictures of them. You did great being pregnant with twins. Look how big they are and hardly need any extra care!
Take care of yourself so you can be the best mommy possible to those two!!
Post a Comment