Sunday, July 26, 2009

Addy and Jake

Well, we are still in Montgomery, we seem to go forward a couple of steps then end up having to take one back, which they say is normal to happen, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. Jake is doing good, he is off the ventilator and they removed the line out of his belly button so we got to hold him finally yesterday. We had been waiting a long time to finally get to hold him, I carried him for 8 months and then had to wait another week to finally get to hold him in my arms. It was a very bittersweet moment that still makes me cry, we have made progress; he was on 25% oxygen, but when they tried to wean him down to 21 last night, he wanted nothing to do with it so they had to go back up to 30%. Not what we wanted to hear this morning, but they did remove his bili-lights since the jaundice is finally gone, we can now hold him whenever we want. Andy got to change his poopy diaper this morning and I sat there and held him while his milk went through the feeding tube. We just called again to check on him and he is still at 30%, he just needs to quit having the "wimpy white syndrome" and man up, haha.


Ms. Addy, is doing wonderful, no problem with eating, sleeping, or pooping, she poops the best, we've lost count on the number of blow-outs/almost blow-outs, she has had. She loves to cuddle and snuggle up on Andy and I; Andy has been wonderful with her, doesn't complain about changing dirty diapers or even getting up out of bed when I need something in the middle of the night. I don't think a night has gone by that I haven't woken him up and said, "hey Andy? Andy? ANDY? I need.......". So for now we are hanging in there, hoping that Jake gets to breathing on his own as soon as possible so we can go home and be a family of 4, well 6 if you count the furry kids.

0 comments: