Monday, July 6, 2009

Rain ok, thunder not so ok

We had some storms last night move through the area. There was some thunder and lightening before we went to bed, but never any rain, then 3am came around. In one of my waddle to the bathroom visits around 3 I heard the thunder start up. And of course, I lay in bed wondering just how bad is this storm going to be? After the last storm (the one where the neighbors house caught on fire, there is a Blog from May about it), I get just a tad nervous. 330, loud clap of thunder, next thing I know, Texas is laying beside the bed, how he got there I have no clue, but he was super stealthy. Now just picture the old cartoon, where the dog is asleep on the rug and the cat comes up behind him and makes a loud noise, the dog ends up jumping upside down, claws in the ceiling. That was Texas. Only the thunder is the cat and the ceiling is my bed.

So a 95lb lab who thinks he's a lap dog, is slowly inching as close as he can to me, I move over some, Texas follows, until I end up in between Texas and Andy. It's a lot easier to move Andy then the dog who is comfortable enough to snore; so I was a little pregnant hot dog last night, not a good thing since I'm hot all the time. So Texas and I spent the next few hours cuddling and jumping every time there was a loud clap, Andy either slept or humored me when I turned on the TV to check the radar. Rebel of course, slept through it all, I never heard her move. And because this is me we are talking about, during all this, I'm having contractions every 5-7 minutes; I would start to doze off and either a contraction or the thunder would wake me up. So now I'm worrying about the storm, but also the contractions that are wrapping from my lower back around to the belly and are much stronger than before. So of course, I'm thinking, great I'm going into labor in the middle of this freakin' storm and Andy is going to have to drive me to Dothan. Did I really want to risk an hour drive during a storm?!?! Plus, Jake is flipping out either from Texas' big fat head that is pushing on him or my adrenaline.

Andy got out of PT because of the storm, but he still had to go up there, so once he got out of bed I rolled and took up the rest of the bed that Texas left for me and passed out. The contractions essentially stopped except for a couple here and there, I'm talking to the doctor today at our appointment about them because they are much more frequent and more painful. He's not stopping labor after friday so I'm wondering if he is just going to tell me that I have to suck it up and deal with the contractions until I officially go into labor and no more Terbutaline.

Anyways, Texas is a bed hog and a wuss, he's still glued to my side and it's not raining and we are still having contractions.

Babies Wilson watch, T-minus 32 days until scheduled C-section

0 comments: