Nope. No babies here. We made our who-knows-what-number-trip-to-L&D, for contractions. I hadn't actually been there in a while for them, got me all hooked up, yup I was for sure having them and they were getting worse in the hour they monitored me. It did not however, cause any dilation so that was good. Addy had to be difficult and they had a very hard time finding her for a Non-stress test, to the point that I was starting to get worried. But the newest doctor to our practice came in with an ultrasound machine and found her right away, she was just doing a lot of dancing and not staying put in one spot so that's why they couldn't find her. She knew she was in trouble after that, because she stayed put for 20 mins so they could monitor her heart rate and make sure she wasn't in distress. The doctor was very pleased with the babies, we were able to see both of them doing their practice breathing, which is something he said they typically have to wait 30mins or so to see, but he saw it right away on both babies. YAY!
Back to the contractions, they gave me a shot of the lovely, Terbutaline, and although it gives me the shakes, it stopped them. They ran another FFN test and no water breaking for the next 2 weeks. However, it is only 99.7% accurate and I could still have contractions that make me dilate, but my water won't break, so we have to just take it with a grain of salt and mention any changes to our doctor. So once we got released, we hit our normal get-out-of-the-hospital, Chick-fil-a and then Andy was having sympathy pains for Cold Stone. We made it back home around 9pm and sat with the neighbors outside and watched the fireworks until around 1130. It was nice to sit around and just relax and laugh, even if it was outside and it was hot, it could have been humid. So for now, no babies, we may just make it 35 weeks....
1 comments:
Sorry you had to make another hospital trip, but glad they got things under control and J and A are looking good!
I can relate, before or after every trip to the hospital Ben and I hit up our CFA. Yum!
Post a Comment