Thursday, July 16, 2009

broken water or pee?

Well I have experienced an all new low....

After a visit to the doctor to drop off my 24 hr. catch, we hit up Kohl's, cause well, I had a coupon. Hit the bathroom, did my business and had 3 gushes; Andy even sent me a text message asking of everything was ok while I sat there dumbfounded, wondering uhhhhhhhhhhh. So I told Andy, who's first reaction was to say, lets go, but me being a girl with a coupon, had to shop first. I told him let's walk around and see if it continues to happen, but either way, Andy was making me go. Got to the hospital and it seriously must have been a full moon, every room was taken in Labor and Delivery, they were delivering babies in Evaluation, that's how busy it was. We had to wait 20 mins for a bed, but eventually we got back there. Got hooked up, Jake proved to be difficult by running off the monitor, they would find him, then 2 seconds later he was gone.

They ran a test to check for amniotic fluid, twice, both times negative, but the nurse didn't really trust the test, so she called the on call doctor who came over and checked the fluid under the microscope and said nope, no broken water. Apparently, the kids are now causing me to not only not be able to walk, but also to pee on myself. A slight dilation, and the doctor would have broken my water if I had been dilated more, although I'm not sure why since we are having a c-section. Ultrasound showed plenty of fluid pockets, babies looked great on the non-stress test, doctor said the fact we are 35 weeks with twins tomorrow, he would go ahead and take them due to my blood pressure and swelling, but we haven't gotten the results from the 24 hr catch. So we will see what our doctor, who is on call tomorrow, says tomorrow. But he was very happy with their sizes and said that as a first pregnancy with twins, we are doing awesome, well aside from everything else. So for now it appears depends will be on the shopping list.........oh the joys

0 comments: