Saturday, March 27, 2010

New craft project

I have been wanting to make a "pillowcase dress" ever since I saw them, but having never sewn clothes, I was a little scared of attempting it. Plus Addy never really wears dresses, but she might start wearing them more now that it is warming up. Anyways, she already has an Easter Dress so that occasion was out, but today was the Post's Children's Festival. So I made her a dress and hairbow last night to wear out there today. It wasn't really hard, I watched a video on YouTube, took what I saw there and applied it to some material, since I couldn't find any cute pillowcases that didn't cost and arm and a leg. I tried it on her this morning to hem it and viola, one hour of working on it and she had a dress. I'm hoping the next one goes quicker since I know what I need to do different, but all in all, not bad for just winging it. And she had to have a hairbow to match, the horror of realizing that she didn't have to match sent me to the ribbon holder and glue gun.

The dress (I trimmed the ribbon once she got it on)

The hairbowAnd, the beautiful model

2 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Ah-dorable!

Lisa said...

thanks, I love the one you did for Betsy