Thursday, March 25, 2010

Because.....

Because we may be going here.......We have to take care of these......For us to take the dogs to Hawaii, they have go through some red tape first. Hawaii is down on our dreamsheet and while we may not go there, it still takes almost 6 months to get everything taken care of for them to go, but we won't know where we are going 6 months in advance. So to combat this problem, thanks Army, we've decided to go ahead and start the process now before Andy starts flying again.
After talking to the vet clinic on post, we found out that Hawaii has never had rabies introduced into their islands, so the dogs have to have their rabies done, then 21 days later they have to have a blood draw to make sure they have the right antibodies. Then, 120 days from that, they can go to Hawaii. All of this should be good for 3 years so it won't expire anytime soon and will still be in effect when we move in December. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, I know if we were going to Europe, it would be alot more involved. So here is to fingers crossed that we end up there (we've already got several friends there already).

Ahhhhhh, I need a Mai tai in my hand and I'm there

0 comments: