Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pickey eater

Jake likes to eat carbs and applesauce. He used to eat blueberries, strawberries, grapes, oranges, bananas, green beans, corn, the list goes on. But around 15 months he stopped.

He will eat strawberry jelly and yogurt but won't touch the real thing. I shake my head.

Last night, Andy had some flight planning that ran late so the kids and I were on our own for dinner.

When its just me and the kids, I try to make something that they can eat also. Last night, I made salmon for me and the kids had fish sticks. Now typically, Jake won't eat them, but I just keep offering them thinking one day.....

But last night as I was cooking, I thought, maybe if the kids help cook, he might be more inclined to eat something else.

So I had the kids put their fish sticks on baking sheet and what do you know, the kid ate every single one of them. I like to think that I'm on to something.....

0 comments: