Jake had his first speech therapy appointment last week and I like the therapist.
He was a little quiet, but he played on his own and talked a little. The Speech Therapist said most kids stick to the parent and won't talk so the first appointment is more of a get comfortable meeting. Eventually I won't even go back there until the last few minutes where they explain what they are working on and what to do until his next session.
So the orders from last week were to work on animal noises. After telling Gram (Andy's mom) she sent Jake a box with Farm flashcards and a John Deere hat.
As for Addy, she gets a lesson in animal sounds which is an improvement upon the "no" that we have been hearing constantly for the past week. Miss Thing, knows two volumes, loud and whisper. Not a great thing when for the past 2 days I've have a raging headache.
0 comments:
Post a Comment