Tuesday, June 23, 2009

UAB update

Today was our follow up with Maternal Fetal Medicine, they are the high-risk doctors, for those confused.

Well we went to Birmingham today for our follow up visit for Addy's kidney and Jake's fluid level on his brain. Got there a little early, but everything is NORMAL!! The fluid in his brain are well within normal limits and the doctor thinks it may have just been the angle he was at last time. Her kidney's showed no signs of the reflux that was there at 25 weeks, he thinks she outgrew it, which they said would happen, we just didn't know when. Fluid levels looked great, babies are growing ahead of schedule, both are still breech and the doctor agrees with our OB that the odds of them flipping are slim to none, so c-section it is. Kind of relieved, cause I've prepared myself all along for a c-section and really convinced myself that I don't want to this the "old fashioned way." I have a crazy fear that I will have one, then have to have a c-section.

Average weight for babies at this gestation is around 3lbs 5oz, give or take, different sites have different averages. Our babies are ahead of that curve:

Jake is weighing in at 3lbs 10oz
Addy, the little porker, is weighing in at 4lbs 2oz.

8lbs of baby.

The only downside of the trip was that my swelling has increased 10 times the amount it was. I can't even bend my toes now, I'm actually waiting to talk to the doctor because it has gotten worse since I have been home and had my feet propped up. We'll see what happens....

0 comments: