Monday, June 29, 2009

Hospital

Well we went to the hospital and for once it wasn't me! Andy had his PT test this morning and I got a phone call from some LT letting me know that they were taking him to the on post hospital, Lyster because he wasn't feeling well. I got there 730ish this morning and didn't see him until 8, but what I got from the guys was that he didn't pass out, but was very disoriented after the run. He kept saying, I'm ok, but couldn't answer many questions. Andy's class leader is a guy that went to medical school and with 6 weeks left came out to be a pilot, and he said it looked like heat exhaustion, but hadn't progressed to heat stroke.

So I finally saw Andy, and he was out of it, they had stripped his shirt and had placed ice packs all over him and had an IV going. Apparently when he got to Lyster, he was clenching his cell phone and not sweating, they finally got him sweating and his temperature down, EKG was done again and it was normal, BP finally came up around 845am. They gave him another IV bag while we waited for the labs and finally around 1015 they released him. The Captain thought that there was no permanent damage to his organs and since he was doing better they let him go. Pretty much they chalked it up to him being dehydrated and it being hot and humid outside.

Andy can't remember anything from coming around the track with 3/4 mile left and then when they got to Lyster and they stuck him with the IV, so we have no clue if he passed or not. But Andy is doing fine now, other than being cold, he's got on a sweatshirt, jeans and socks, he's doing ok. He has a follow up tomorrow morning at 615 am with the Captain to get his labs, I rescheduled my OB appointment for tomorrow morning. If I go into labor it's the Army's fault and we can tell the kids that mom AND dad were both in the hospital the same day. So an eventful start to the week......

1 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Wouldn't that be convienent? You could share a room!

I hope he's ok! Keep us updated.