Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Andy's flying

Andy had his first day of flying in BWS (Basic Warfighting Skills) yesterday. "It was soooooo awesome!!" (quoting Andy), of course I took out the bad words that came out in his excitement. He got to fly 50 feet off the ground, go UP over trees, thats how low they were flying. Then his IP told him, "you see that river?", "yes, sir", "follow it". Literally, follow it. He got to do all the cool sharp turns right along the river; he is used to only doing 15 degree turns or something like that, but in this class he gets to do 45-60 degree turns, I think. Either way, its some pretty cool stuff and I'm kind of jealous, I want to go fly like that, screw the fly the pattern junk he did in the beginning, this class is the total opposite.

Andy's stick buddy, Jason and his wife are expecting a little girl next month, and their IP was nice enough to talk to the flight commander and tell him about our twins and complications and Jason's baby possibly coming early as well and they get to take their check ride on the first day, June 22nd. Hallelujah!! I have to go back to Birmingham on the 23rd for a follow up ultrasound and I was worried how I was going to manage that, driving at 32 weeks for 7 hours round trip, since check rides are June 22-25th, but now Andy gets to go! Andy gets along with his IP for BWS, both seem to have similar personalities in what comes out of their mouths so I think he will enjoy the flying in this class, but not all the flight planning, he was not happy this morning when he was making it for their flight today. They should be flying today, providing the rain holds off, so fingers crossed....

My little pilot and he's "special", that's for sure

0 comments: