Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2.5

2.5 miles today!

I feel like giving myself a pat on the back.

I have the 5K coming up next month and since I've been training on the treadmill I'm not expecting to run the whole thing, but I'm hoping that I have at least a decent shot at it now.

I'll up my distance next week to 3 miles and then the following week is the 5K and I'm going to push myself to eek out that last little bit.

I used to hate to run. I mean hate it. If there wasn't a lion chasing me, I wasn't running. But I've found that if I can push through the mental barrier of that first .5 mile, I'm good. I zone out.

I have my music and whatever is on the tv at the gym and I literally don't think. The time and distance pass so much more quicker that way too.

My problem now isn't with my breathing, I'm not sucking wind (which is a huge achievement in my book), but its keeping my legs from getting tired. I'm figuring this is something that will come with time.

I've notice an improvement on my pullups. I'm no longer intimidated by the muscle heads in the gym or the machines. I don't care that I'm one of the few women that are lifting weight.

This is my time, I'm doing this for myself.

0 comments: