Between going in to the field and his flight schedule, mowing the lawn has been pushed far down the list.
So I got the bright idea to mow it today after the gym. The kids played in the sprinkler and water table (where they had a blast) while I ran the weed eater.
Then I got the lawn mower out. Now let me start this with, I have never mowed our yard. Ever. I believe growing up, I mowed a few times, but apparently those few times were so traumatic that I have blocked them out.
I know the basics. So along I go, 1/4 of the way through, the lawn mower dies. Wonderful.
Being the woman that I am, I add some gas because that fixes everything. Go to start it and the pull cord is locked up. Great. The one time I use it to do something nice, I break it.
I called my dad who gave me every scenario right down to having to buy a new lawn mower.
Head back outside to discover that a clump of grass was jammed under it. Once I cleaned it out, it started right up. I felt like I conquered the world. It was an awesome feeling.
Until I realized that I had to finish the other 3/4 of the yard, at 1pm, in 100 degree heat. FAIL.
2 comments:
GREAT wife!!
You are hilarious!
Post a Comment