Well I completed my goals.
project #1
Project #2: the dining room
The blue is actually a navy or "star spangled" is what I believe the color is called. The flash makes it seem much brighter than it is. My goal is a nautical theme in here, I want canvas curtains (to be purchased this week), a white or dark oak table and chairs. The red hutch in the picture I'm in the process of stripping to paint white. It was my grandmothers I think, nothing expensive (so when I screw it up, who cares?). I'm trying to hunt down a hinge for a door, something I know my dad has tried to do also. I'm hitting hobby lobby for pulls (50% this week!) along with some more knick knack stuff for Addy's room. And I'm on a look out for one of those old wire floor fans, I think it would look cute in the corner plus create some air movement in there.
And I have a new love of power tools. My dad bought me an air compressor and nail gun for my birthday and I used it for the first time to build the bench. It only took me 1.5 hours and a phone call to dad to figure it out. I'm sure the construction workers across the street were laughing.
I felt power and I'm wondering what else can I nail?
2 comments:
I'm sure you could nail Andy if you want.
I'm sorry, you left it open, I had to do it.
I am so impressed! Way to go, girl!
Post a Comment