Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Well that was an eye opener

I priced private schools for the kids. On average: 7,500. Per kid.

Here I had this grand plan of putting the kids in private school. Not for that price. Public school is looking better and better.

This plan included me getting a job at a private school and negotiationing the kids tuition. Say, I won't take health benefits if my kids can go for free?

Would they have bought it? Who knows but it was worth a shot. Mainly I want them at the school I am teaching at for ease of pickups and drop offs. However, if Savannah doesn't let up their hiring freeze at some point I may not even be looking at public schools.

Ah the joys of trying to find a teaching position in this economy.

*the soft play area at the mall is a magical place. Both kids went to sleep without fighting naps for the first time in a week.

0 comments: