Monday, August 29, 2011

One of those days

This afternoon was just one those times were the kids were in to everything, fighting over everything, not listening etc.

This morning went great, I took Jake to speech where he talked up a storm, so proud of him! Addy stayed at home with Andy while he worked on some flight briefing stuff. Jake and I went on post to renew the tag on the car and he was so good! One toddler is such a breeze! The possibilities seemed endless for me and Jake.

Addy then refused to nap today.

An hour after the kids were up from naps or no nap in the case of Addy, I dragged them to the splash park. They ran off some energy, played with a little baby that they were enthralled with, laughed, and then had some juice.
Dinner time ended with homemade popsicles. Which made a huge mess, but I didn't really care because they weren't screaming at each other or me.

So a popsicle, a bath, and some pjs later, the kids are playing quietly in their playroom and I'm counting the time until bedtime.

I'm praying that tomorrow goes much smoother than today. I've learned that we have a few rough days and then a few great days, I'm just hoping the good days get here quicker.

0 comments: