Last night I was feeling crafty and decided to work on Addy's wall letters for above her bed. It was super simple.
I picked out my fabric or you can use paper, painted on a layer of mod-podge and placed my fabric on top of the letter. I made sure to smooth out any wrinkles and bumps plus making sure that the plaid was straight.
I then let it dry for an hour before cutting away the excess material. Now, in the future I will be turning them over, placing them on my cutting mat and using an exacto knife, rather than the scissors I used.
Once the material is cut away, I added another layer of mod podge on top of the fabric and let dry 15-20 mins. I then added another layer of mod podge on top and let dry over night.
This morning, I attached the tulle to the back and using my handy laser level (that thing is a must have!), I nailed in some nails and hung them up.
The rest of the room is coming along, I need to still make some pillows for a reading nook and I want to make a little tent to hang from the ceiling. I also have everything for curtains, its just a matter of cutting and sewing. With my handy little helpers I have to wait until kids are down for naps.
1 comments:
Looks great!!
Post a Comment