Andy had a 4 day weekend which was so nice! Friday we headed up to Charleston to meet up with a friend from Ft. Rucker (our last stationing) and his mom. Brandon deploys next month so we wanted to see him before he left. Brandon was part of our "Rucker family" and we all love him. His mom is so sweet, she treats our kids just like her own grandkids.
While there we ate, we shopped, I drooled over the Louis Vuitton and Gucci stores (I figured they would have barred the door if I tried to come in with my 2 toddlers and huge stroller).
We went over to the Fort Sumter museum, looked at the USS Lexington across the river. Went down Rainbow Row and then on to Battery Park.
We love downtown Charleston, more so than Savannah. The history is really embraced and is centrally located, where as in Savannah its all over the place. There is no one place, like Battery Park where you can spent 3 hours just wondering around the same place.
We do intend to go back for an overnight trip at some point. We both love history and I love the old architecture on the houses from back then.
Saturday we hit up the outlet mall in Hilton Head for the kids some summer clothes for next year and scored big.
Sunday was our 7 year wedding anniversary so I went shopping with a friend and left Andy with the kids. After we got home, we invited my friend and her husband (also Andy's friend, they fly together) over for dinner (yum, Cheddar's) and then anniversary cake from Publix. Then I kicked some butt on Guitar Hero drums.
Today is just a lazy day. Jake had speech where he did great. Addy stayed at home with me while I tried to figure out what was wrong with the alarm and worked out. Addy helped me get the roast in the crock pot by putting the potatoes and carrots in and then mixing and dumping the liquid in. She put the cover on all by herself and then washed her hands. It amazes me how much they pick up on.
0 comments:
Post a Comment