Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Update from Doctor's appointment

Had our checkup, both babies sound great, we are still measuring at 33 weeks, but its only been a week since our last measure so no worries.

It only took 2 sticks to draw the blood for the glucose test, YEA!! The drink didn't make me sick or sleepy, so I don't know if that means I failed badly or passed with flying colors, I just hope if I failed that it was bad enough that I don't have to take the 3 hours test; should know the results by the end of the week.

Our ultrasound at UAB has been rescheduled for next tuesday, due to complications with insurance, while I love Tricare and not having to pay anything out of pocket including co-pays for anything, the referal system is outdated and now I have to wait another week.

OB said quit worrying about it, her kidneys will be fine by the time she is born and we won't notice anything and his skin fold thing is probably just him being a big baby, so I kinda got yelled at today by the doctor, but I feel better.

We are on every 2 week visits with the OB now and ultrasounds every 4 weeks starting at 28 weeks for growth scans of the babies.

We're up to 22lbs gained for this pregnancy and blood pressure is still looking good; I'm just supposed to start watching for signs of pre-term labor since we are at a risk and let him know if something changes.

So all in all, it was a good doctor's visit, now if next tuesday would just hurry up and get here.

0 comments: