Seriously why do I even bother leaving? We had a birthday party at a restaurant for a friend and afterwords we swung by the house to use the bathroom before going to the birthday girls house for more festivities. I had been having cramping again the day before and yesterday that tylenol seemed to control, but yesterday evening I started spotting. After Jake's hematoma we weren't taking any chances, I actually managed to stay calm with the thought that if something was wrong that they could take the babies and they would have a 90% chance of survival with NICU. Not the most desierable plan, but definatley calming.
So anyways, we got there, hooked up to monitors, blood pressure taken, etc. After4 hours we learned that both babies were fine, my urine showed no protein but still a slight bladder infection, I was having contractions so more Terbutaline to get those to stop, but my blood pressure was high, 155/76. I typically run around 120ish/68, which is high for me, so to see it in the 150's was a shock. It went down slowly over the 4 hours, 155-150-146-147-133, they finally released us at 1230am to go home. But not before explaining that the doctor wants me tested for Pre-eclampsia which involves a 24 hours urine catch (not cool) and blood work. Because the doctor is closed Monday for the holiday, we have to go back tomorrow, re-register, get all hooked back up to the monitors, they will draw blood and send the urine catch to the lab. So luckily we will have the results tomorrow morning rather than waiting, but not exactly how I wanted to spend our 3 day weekend. So for now, I am told to be quiet, drink plenty of water and stay calm. Great. So much for a calm 3rd trimester.
1 comments:
Sorry you have to do the 24 hour test. It's no fun :( Keep us updated! We're thinking about you!
Post a Comment