Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Epic fail

I just wanted some rice krispy treats, that's all. I should have just stopped when I realized the bowl I dumped the rice krispies into was too small to mix it all in, but no, I had to keep going. Dumped said rice krispies into a bigger bowl, back on track, poured the butter and marshmellow mix into it. As I started mixing, (Rebel is in the kitchen the whole time waiting for me to drop anything), I manage to knock probably 1/2 a cup of rice krispy treats onto the counter and floor. But of course I have my trusty vacuum cleaner aka Rebel, to clean up the floor. As I start laughing and tell Andy what I did, I manage to keep mixing because everyone knows the marshmellows get stickey and it makes it harder. Well I manage to dump more onto the floor and counter. Of course that brings Texas running so I'm trying to step over dogs to get the bowl to the pyrex, get to the pyrex and start putting it into it and I'm laughing so hard that I manage to competely miss the pyrex and end up with 1/2 of it on the counter. Then my arm starts getting tired, I have rice kripsy mix on one hand because I was trying to catch it before it hit the counter and can no longer hold the bowl. Yelled for Andy who came in and had to laugh at me as I'm telling him to shut up, he held the bowl while I scooped. I ended up just giving up and scooping everything on the counter into the pyrex, thought why not, its just me and Andy eating it. Cleaned up and almost broke the bowl while putting it into the dishwasher, but it didn't break and I managed to get the kitchen cleaned up with help from the dogs. I think I'll just go back to bed now......

1 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Were the rice crispy treats worth it?! Look on the bright side, no injury was sustained in the preparation of these treats.