Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Treasure find

While in the midst of shopping around for a dSLR camera, Andy remembered he had his grandfather's old Minolta SLR camera.

said camera:

I pulled it out today to look and see what lenses there were and come to find out, there was film in the camera. So after googling a manual I was able to get the film out. We have no idea how old the film is or what is even on it, Andy has not used it, he kept it around for sentimental purposes only. His grandfather died in 1991 and his grandmother may have used it after that, but there is still a 20 year period that this film could be from. I Wikipedia'ed the film and it was sold from 1986-? the brand was discontinued in 2007 and in the time I have known Andy (2002) he has never pulled the camera out to use it.

Andy called around and found a specialty film place in Dothan, similar to a Wolfe's Camera, that said they would take a look at it and see if there was anything on it. Hopefully there will be something interesting on there, but either way it is killing me to not know. I used to work in a photo lab at CVS back in the day, (haha) there is no way we are taking to get it developed at a 1-hour place. But I will be sure to post back when we find out if there is anything salvageable (is that even a word?) on the film.

2 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Oooh that's cool! Keep us posted.

Lauren said...

wow, how fun. can't wait to hear what you find.