Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nap time

I have to brag about the kids. Nap time used to be hell, trying to get both kids down at the same time when I was by myself was difficult, Addy wanted to be rocked, Jake wanted to be swaddled and they couldn't be put down until they were asleep. So in an effort to break the napping in the swings last month, we fixed nap time! The kids sleep through the night and have since 2 months, but getting Addy to sleep was again, difficult. So after some reading, hello drowsy, but awake! It works wonders for both kids, Jake goes to sleep pretty easily on his own and Addy has now gotten easier. When they start showing the signs, in goes the paci and to bed they go with their blankets. Within a few minutes, both kids are out! I miss the rocking, but the kids have to learn to self-sooth, and thankfully it happened without using the Ferber method. And where some kids have a lovey blanket, Addy has a winkle. (please ignore the snot and drool spots on the sheet, the lovely side effects of colds)

0 comments: