Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte?

I always hear people, well see them on Facebook, raving about these lattes from Starbucks. I've tried one, but I will admit I am curious. So I had a stroke of genius and decided to try making my own to my taste.

I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com and then tailored it to what I had on hand and my taste. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I will drink it if its flavored just right. And well I was needing a pick me up.

I brewed 1 cup of coffee
heated 1 cup of milk in the microwave for 1 minute
poured the milk, 1/8 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp of white sugar, 1/4 tsp of vanilla into a blender until frothy.

Filled my mug 2/3 full with the milk and spices and the rest with coffee. You can add whipped topping, I didn't since I try to watch my sugar intake. I used 2% milk instead of whole milk, however I am going to try Almond milk (my favorite) next time.

I did enjoy this, not an overpowering coffee taste, but still a hint of the coffee flavor.

0 comments: