Friday, September 23, 2011

gettin' crafty all up in here

It's football season. Thank goodness. I love it.

And Andy being the die-hard Aggie that he is said that Jake needed something dresser than his A&M t-shirts for game day. Enter a plain maroon polo and the embroidery machine. Super easy and it only took me 4 trials on scrap fabric to get the A and the M placed right.

Now, look at the polo. Does it look funny to you? Well it should because Jake's polo is a girls polo. Walmart only sales XS-XL kids size polos and when Andy saw this one in the little boys section he picked it up. He gets home, proud of his find and then tells me, "you know it looked like a girls, but it didn't say girls anywhere and it was hanging up in the boys section." I then look at the tag. Girls School Uniform.

Oh well. Jake's super skinny and long so it works, its just a little more fitted than most boys shirts.
Addy is obsessed with Nemo and I have had grandmas hunting for a Nemo shirt. I guess because the movie came out a while ago they just don't make them anymore. So enter in a white t-shirt and iron on transfer. She loves the shirt, she hugs herself to give Nemo hugs.

And because what I do for one, I do for the other, I made Jake an airplane shirt.
I free handed an airplane on to card stock and then traced it to the back of some denim I had, spray adhesived it to the shirt and then zig-zaged stitched around it.

He loves it. He wore it yesterday and kept making the airplane noises and pointing to his shirt for everyone at the grocery store.

I also have friend back in Texas that is pregnant with a little boy so I'm working on a gift for him. I keep finding things on pinterest to make. So many cute things on there.

Next up are Kiowa shirts for the kids. I've got a few ideas that I need to sketch out and see which one Andy likes best since they are representin' him.

0 comments: