The kids and I hit the commissary this past week for groceries and I remembered something.
Growing up, my mom would make trips to our local commissary and when I say she went shopping, she went shopping.
It was not uncommon to walk out with 4 shopping carts worth of groceries. She would push one, I would push the other, she would fill both with her system, we would drop them off when full at the front in a designated area and return for more. She even had her own bagger, she would see mom and jump over to bag her groceries. She always did it right, cold stuff with cold stuff, cereal with cereal.
This was an art form. But to get me to go along, I was bribed. I still remember the boxes of animals crackers. So when I took the kids with me last week, I saw them on the shelf and had to buy them. So now I'm thinking this may be our little tradition, commissary=animal crackers in the cool box.

1 comments:
I got the same treat when grocery shopping with my mom!
Post a Comment