Well I did it. And beat 2 of my goals.
1) please don't let me be last
2) please let me come in under 45minutes
I wasn't last and my chip time says 43.13
I'll take it. Considering I hadn't actually run full 5K, like ever, my longest run was 2.5 miles I think it went pretty well. Oh and I had been training on a treadmill.
I did actually enjoy the race, however I never experienced that adrenaline that some people get before a race, I was hoping the first mile would fly by. I was pretty nervous, wondering why I signed up for a race, but I swallowed it. And then proceeded to tear up at the National Anthem. Talk about bad timing right before the starting gun.
And this picture makes me look like I'm in pain, but really I was emotional that I actually came in under my goal. I was trying to keep the tears from falling, lol, but pain explains it better.
Me and this lady traded spots from like mile 2 all the way to finish line, I was determined to beat her
I can do it. I have time.
2 comments:
What an accomplishment. You must be thrilled and proud. I love your blog and will be back more often. This was my first visit. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary
I have a friend doing the mud run in 2 weeks in the DFW area. It sounds like fun!
Post a Comment