Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pensacola

Ahhh Pensacola. How I miss you. Well I miss NAS Pensacola, didn't really explore much of the city. Navy lodging (so much better than Army lodging) was right on the beach, every room had a water front view with floor to ceiling glass doors that opened up onto your own patio/balcony. The Naval Aviation Museum was over whelming, there was so much to look at it, they actually let you touch the aircraft and crawl in it, whereas here, the museum has everything behind ropes. We spent 1.5 hours there and then checked in at the hotel, got the kids down for naps and Andy went back to play some more. It was crazy hearing jet noise rather than helicopter noise all day. We hit up Crabs for dinner friday night and I tried raw oysters for the first time (not all that impressed), but AWESOME seafood, we actually stumbled across it, we had plans to eat somewhere else.

Saturday we hit the Naval Exchange/PX/BX and then drove on to Foley, Alabama for the outlet mall (hey, us girls have to shop). Around 1130 we started back for Pensacola and ate lunch at McGuire's Irish Pub and Steakhouse, wonderful food, an absolute must if you are down there. I think we got home a little before 5 yesterday, the dogs loved the dog sitter and she did a great job. I was surprised as to how much laundry we had for only being gone 36 hours, oh well. We didn't get to get out at the beach, it was raining saturday morning and friday they were a little grumpy so the kids will have to experience the beach next month when we go to Panama City.

Jakes reaction to the thought of seafood

Addy with the thought of food in general

My first raw oyster, eh. Not impressed

The kids at McGuire's

And the museum......

Addy sad about leaving

5 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Glad you had a good time, did you get anything good at the outlet mall?!

Lisa said...

you betcha! The kids got clothes from the Gap and I got a new Coach diaper bag that the kids got me. It's their Hampton pattern, they were marked down and the store was giving out 20% off your whole purchase on top of everything. Andy even asked me if I wanted any accessories to match, but shockingly I couldn't find anything! Oh well, I got a cute bag for my birthday!

TexasCoy said...

Shut up! I got a coach diaper bag at the outlet last weekend! It's the red one (I think it's the Hamptons collection). With all the discounts and tax I paid $112 and I was a happy camper.

BEN picked it out. I think he likes coach as much as I do.

Lisa said...

hahahaha! This is a white/pink/blue/green plaid, I looked at several so the names are running together. I showed Andy the different ones and he liked one more so we went with that. Not like he will be carrying it. I think ours got down to just over 200, tax here is horrible.

TexasCoy said...

Last night Jane came over to see our new entertainment center and Ben said "Do you want to see our newest Coach purchase?!" then he ran back to Betsy's closet and pulled it out. I swear, he's the most scruffy manly-metrosexual I've ever met!