Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3

I am feeling pretty proud of myself today. I gained half a pound, but all that really did was reaffirm that I am at a plateau and need to bump my exercise up. After Weight Watchers, me and the kids headed to Walgreens to get their reflux meds and some Motrin. The kids got to cruise around the store sitting up in the stroller rather than in their seats (Jake kicks Addy's seat, he still lacks 3 inches to the height limit, but he is able to kick her carrier when in the stroller.)

Then we headed to get dog food and I was honestly worried how I was going to get the stroller plus a 40lb bag of dog food to the counter and to the car. The aisles are not very wide and my limo of a stroller were not going to get along. However, the owner offered to help (THANK YOU Pampered Pets) and brought it to the front and then loaded it for me. The dogs are thankful too, they like to eat.

The kids handled our errands wonderfully, no meltdowns except for Jake wanted to screech and laugh in the middle of our meeting. They didn't take their morning nap so I was a little worried how they were going to do. But they dozed off in the car on the way home and then woke up a little after we got home and I got them inside, so they ate and we played until noon. Then to bed they went.

Aside from the gain, we have had a productive day. I only really run errands with Andy or by myself, me and the kids will run to one place and then home, this was our first day where we went several places. Now our next battle will be with the grocery store. The million dollar question is, how? Push the limo stroller and drag a cart (not what I want to do, only attracts more attention)? Wear Jake and put Addy in the cart, but then I've got to get them from the car to inside, unless by some off chance I can find a cart outside. I think I'm just over thinking this................

P.S. I hate our limo stroller, I had a woman go out of her way so she could come by and see the babies and tell me how her cousin's, brother in laws, sister has twins and some other gems. Really?? There is a reason that I tune people out when I'm out, I don't have to listen to stupid comments.

1 comments:

TexasCoy said...

I like the idea of wearing one and leaving the other in the cart. Could you try to park next to a cart return place so you can get a cart and bring it back to the car?

You are my hero, you're a brave woman!