I had a lady tell me that today when we were at the store. Really. She asked if they were twins (which we get a lot of), I replied yes and smiled; as I was about to start walking, she says, "I'm sorry". Really?? Tell me how you really feel. When I told, "oh no, no, no", I started shaking my head to which she started back pedaling, saying she meant that they must be a handful. Here honey, here's a shovel. I know (well I hope) she didn't mean it maliciously, but I really wanted to ask her if nothing smarter could have come out of her mouth. I kinda blanked out when she said that and I just started walking away, in shock. We have had noisy comments, rude comments, judgy comments, and wonderful comments. The last category is sadly the smallest.......
I think the 2 best comments we have ever gotten were, "you are so blessed" and "oh, two happy, healthy babies". Yes, my kids keep me on my toes and we all have our days where things don't go right, but I wouldn't trade it for anything and I am defiantly not "sorry" that I had twins. I would much rather have my hands full than my hands empty. People ask all the time how we do it and we always answer, that you just do. Just like if you have 1 or 10 kids, you find what works for you and your family and in the words of Tim Gunn, you make it work. That and we have nothing to compare it to. I hope if anything that the lady at the store learned to think before speaking.
In other news, Addy has a new purple and green tutu, hehe.
3 comments:
You definitely are wonderfully blessed with two precious little ones. There are many times that I have wished I had twins. The bond they will have will amaze you! Don't let rude comments bother you. Perhaps she wasn't strong enough to be able to handle twins like you are!
thanks Courtney. I think I was more shocked than anything and I'm sure she wasn't trying to be rude, but sometimes our mouth opens and we insert our foot. I'll say this, we have plenty of stories for when the kids get older, lol.
What a nut! Who says stuff like that?
Post a Comment