Thursday, May 27, 2010

so for 10 months I have been wrong?!

OMG. I have been wrong for the past 10 months. Unbelievable.

All this time I have thought that the kids were 5lbs 1oz when they were born. Cool that they both weighed the same, right? I find out today, nope, not what they weighed. So let me take you back to a painful day back last July. The 19th to be exact.

In the middle of my panic/anxiety attack which occurred during what normal people call a c-section, I listened to the beautiful cries of my babies. Ah, so sweet. And I am told they kids weighed 5lbs 1oz and are 17 inches long. Awwwwww......

Now maybe it was the painkillers or the Magnesium drip I was on for the pre-e, but I remember asking and Andy telling me 5lbs 1oz. So that's what I told EVERYONE that asked.

Then fast forward to last night.

Laying in bed, tv is off, lights are off, and Andy and I start talking about the day the kids were born and what went on while we were separated for that 30 mins. We had talked about it before, but it had been awhile. After all of this, I tell Andy to remind me to check out the kids discharge paperwork in the morning, because their birth certificates say different than what I was told.

Fast forward again to Thursday evening, when I pull out the files to check. At discharge, 3 days old, Addy weighed 5lbs 1.1oz. I'm thinking ok, we were giving her formula during those 3 days so she probably stayed about the same. Until my mother shot that hypothesis down and said she still would have lost weight.

Then I look at Jake's NICU paperwork and it confirmed that the birth certificates where in fact, right.

At birth, Addy weighed 5lbs 5oz and Jake weighed 5lbs 7oz.

So there you have it folks, the one time I will admit that I am wrong, don't expect that to happen again for another 365 days.

I still blame Andy.

And because this is me, no post would be complete without pictures of 5lb 7oz, Jake and 5lb 5oz Addy (who has outweighed Jake ever since)

0 comments: