Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Part 1

I've been wanting to take the kids down Panama City Beach ever since it warmed up, while I went with intentions of taking these oh-so-cute-pictures of the kids, it didn't work out. Jake and Addy both didn't like the waves and then the lens on my camera would not unfog and I ended up switching to the kit lens outside on the beach (a big no-no since you don't want sand in there). By then, the kids were wet and covered in sand and D-O-N-E. We did have several people offer to take our picture, so we took them up on it.
We had to hit Carter's for a change of clothes for both kids and walked away with a bag of clothes for the summer (I have a problem, I know), hit the family bathroom at Target and gave the kids a mini-bath in the sink to get the sand off and then we were back on track. We walked around Pier Park, grabbed lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then walked the pier. We were home by 3pm and had time to take the kids down to the Spouse Appreciation Day down at the water park on post. It was a busy Saturday and I think the kids are still recovering.
Do you spy the big fishy??
I overcame my irrational fear of being over open water and walked on the planks.......
However, I did not last long and moved back to the concrete in the middle
Yep, I walked all the way out there and only hyperventilated once

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ok, I am not very smart when it comes to cities and states, but did you go to Panama City Beach, FL? How far is that from where you are at? That's where we will be stationed for Justin's technical school for 10 months!

Lisa said...

It's 72 miles from where we are at, its not a bad drive and Pier Park which is the outdoor mall, has beach access right across the street so there is plenty of parking. We will be here until November, hopefully we will get to see each other!