The kids love to go grocery shopping, in order to do this by myself and maintain my sanity, which is important, I have plan my trip hours in advance. Sad isn't it? Knowing that Commissary opens at 9am, my list is made by 8am, in order of the aisles, kids are up to eat breakfast at 8am, they are then cleaned up, dressed, highchairs and tray cleaned and I get my shoes on. Oh yes, I have to be dressed before the kids get up. Then we are out the door at 855am, by 0900 we are there and getting out of the car, I get Addy out first and then Jake, with the diaper bag around my neck, and I still manage to get the car door shut and the car locked. By getting there early we are able to get one these beauties:

It doesn't hold as much as the regular carts, but I will take what I can get. Now just picture a women trying to get inside with a baby on each hip and a diaper bag around her neck, yep that would be me. I get one baby in the cart, unbuckled, then the other one, and then buckle everyone in. Then the next step is a wiping down the cart, ewwww, yes it should be done before the kids get in, but unless I sprout a 3rd arm and hand, it isn't going to happen. After that it is pretty uneventful, the kids have a steering wheel that Jake assumes control of since he thinks girls can't drive and we get our shopping done.

This last week, there is now 2 steering wheels and Jake needs both.
1 comments:
Lord. I don't know how you manage it!! I'll bet you've developed the paitence of a saint!
Post a Comment