Sunday, May 16, 2010

RAW

Ok photo speak here, so just skip this if you don't want to hear it.

I am in love with Adobe Lightroom. Yes, I do believe I am. So bear with me while I sing its praises:

I am able to fix one photo and apply everything that I did to that one photo, to any of the other photos, cutting out lots of time.

I have a lot more freedom to play with each photos that Elements does not give me.

Don't get me wrong, I still love me some Photoshop Elements and these work GREAT together, but I have more control over my pictures using Lightroom.

I spent my saturday night playing with my new toy while Andy was sick and the kids were alseep. No interruptions. Bliss.

I typically shoot in JPEG since that is what everything uses, however, JPEG will save the picture in camera and make changes to white balance and such. Shooting in RAW however, I see exactly what I took a picture of, more time in post processing, but a much more happier person.

I am just using the Beta version of LR since it is expensive, but I can buy it through school for 99 bucks. I got the go ahead from Andy last night, lol. His reasoning is that by me taking the kids pictures, such as the tutus and their upcoming smash cake photos, he is actually saving money in the long run, plus I get exactly what I want. So its a win-win. Plus it gives me a creative outlet and it only takes up room on my computer versus the craft room/man cave/dogs room/office.

So anyways there is my plug for Adobe.

0 comments: