Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mom's out there, Happy Mother's day.

For the 3 years that it took for us to have children, I never thought that I would get to celebrate this holiday as a mother. Crazy thinking I know, but after everything we had been through, I couldn't help but be dramatic.

So this morning I reflect on how my life has changed since the addition to our family. Nothing quiet says happy mothers day like a phone call at 7am from my brother when the kids slept until 9am. Yes, I was sleeping. Thanks Eric. And then the giggles and smiles that awaited us in the nursery and the giggles of Addy as she farts and then laughs, Jake grunting while eating breakfast, what can I say, the boy is a multitasker. Makes you want to come over in the mornings doesn't it?

happy but sleepy mommy 3 days after Jake came home This past friday at the pool

0 comments: