After Jake's eventful reaction to peanut butter, I was told of an alternative.
Some people recommended Nutella (which I did buy, but haven't tried yet)
Almond butter (but I was worried about the whole nut thing)
and Sunbutter, made from sunflower seeds.
And sun butter was our winner.Now if you know my dad and brothers, they go through sunflower seeds by the bucket from Sam's with no problem. Many a road trip was taken with a bag of sunflower seeds and a bottle of Dr. Pepper. In an El Camino.
So it should only be natural that one of my kids would like the stuff. Its creamy like peanut butter, but with a sunflower seed taste, I thought it tasted fine, although I'm not a peanut butter fan by any means. It was not as thick as peanut butter, easier to spread.
Jake ate it. And wanted more. Plus no reaction!
It has a lot of protein like peanut butter which was a huge plus in my book and one of the reasons we hadn't tried Nutella yet.
So if you want an alternative to peanut butter check out sunbutter. Although, I had to go to a Fresh Food market (like a Whole Foods) to find it, my local Publix did not carry it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment