Sunday, March 6, 2011

Honey-do

I'm exhausted. Tired.

We've spent the weekend working around the house. Friday night I escaped to a friends house to help her put together wedding invites and drink wine. Andy ran the kids and installed his new surround sound system that he was been wanting for the past year.

Saturday we took the kids to breakfast, hit Kmart for some stuff for the guest room, Home Depot for a lawn mower and yard essentials, and then Walmart for odds and ends. All before lunch.

Andy treated the yard while I ran the kids, he put together the lawn mower and some new furniture. I made potato salad for a get together that night. It was exhausting watching Andy work that hard.

Sunday, a trip to Walmart for mulch and the last stuff for the guest room. Nap time consisted of Addy refusing to nap while Andy and I installed 2 ceiling fans. He put together Addy's bedside table that we bought at Christmas from Ikea. And I did a picture frame wall on one of the walls with the stairs.

I had most of the pictures that I wanted, but I still need to print some 5x7 and 8x10's before its done. I loved looking through the kids pictures, because come on, those are the only pictures I have printed.

Before we knew it, it was bedtime for the kids and I'm anxiously awaiting the premiere of Army Wives and fighting sleep.

And the fence is done! We have a backyard that the dogs love to run around in and the kids love to chase the dogs around in. A good weekend and we knocked out a lot of things that needed to be done, but I wish there was just one more day in the weekend.

0 comments: