Saturday, September 11, 2010

Baby signing

Addy has started signing!

I was a little slow on the uptake, but she was sitting in my lap yesterday morning and kept opening and closing her hand. I thought ok, strange child whatever.

Then I thought about it. And it clicked.

She was signing milk. I gave her her water cup and she threw it, so I gave her some milk and she sucked it done and was good to go.

I signed alot when Andy was at SERE, but the kids never signed back and they were only 6.5months old.

And I haven't really been on top of it lately so I about fell over when I realized what she was doing. I sign only a few times during the day, between chasing both kids and trying to keep the house in a somewhat organized manner, it falls down the list.

And Jake, Jake has no desire what so ever to sign, he prefers to scream at me. Think the most annoying sound and multiply it by 10.

But we will keep at it and hopefully build their vocabulary through signing.

1 comments:

Lani said...

It's so cool when they start signing!

I was stopping by to invite you to check out this years Blog For A Cure Blog Party! I have even bigger prizes to give away this year! www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com