Monday, June 14, 2010

honeymoon phase is over?

I have heard about this mysterious honeymoon phase that happens when your children reach a certain age and they become fun, they interact more, they understand some things and you start thinking, "hey, I could do this again". And then mobility sets in for your children and you are now constantly running behind your kids because you can not predict as to what they will do next.

Yeah, that phase hit me today.

Today's enjoyment included, Jake refusing to eat spaghetti that was fed via the spoon he had to do it himself, pulled the lotion off and managed to get it in his eye, on clothes and bath mats. He stole everything that his sister had who then retaliated by pulling him down and making him fall over (followed by a meltdown). Addy ate who knows how much soap while in the tub because I cleaning the lotion out of Jake's eye. I even called the kids the wrong names today. Of course I thought Jake was doing something and it turned out to be Addy, Jake was on the other side of the room and froze. I just couldn't win.

The twins have been into everything in a span of 2.5 hours, I do not have enough eyes or hands to keep up with them. I need a nap.

I love my kids, but man have they been on top of things today.......

0 comments: