Thursday, June 3, 2010

The great closet clean out of 2010 part 1

About 2 weeks ago, Andy discovered that one of our gallon jugs of water for our Hurricane survival kit, had leaked. Everywhere.

By the time he had found it, most of it was dry except for books so this past Sunday we got up and started cleaning it out. This is a before picture, the closet goes back probably 3-4 feet, the white box on the shelves was destroyed along with the books inside and 6 of my shirts. Luckily they were just maternity clothes so not something I wear often.


I swear Andy cleaned it out, there is still a bunch of stuff in there, but underneath the clothes and behind the shelves are tubs that have my maternity clothes (all together now), Andy's legos, and there's another tub in there that I am blanking on. See, I'm already trying to block this experience from my mind.

And the kids for this process? First they were blocked unintentionally in their room where are their toys were out and then after nap time, we put the baby gate up. Addy did not like that plan. She screamed until she was let loose, Jake, played by himself the whole time. Addy followed us like a lost little puppy the whole time; the puppy dogs didn't like what was going on, so they boycotted outside.

0 comments: