Monday, March 9, 2009

This weekend

Well thank goodness that this was a uneventful weekend. Andy let me out of the house friday night for our weekly potluck at the neighbors, so he drove me 2 houses down the street and planted me in a recliner until it was time to leave. He then let me go to Sonic which was 15 mins away, it was really nice to get out of house even if it was at night. Saturday he made his own grocery list, I added and specified brands and locations, however the man is an impulse buyer, he came home with more stuff that was not on the list than what was on it. But he made me some AWESOME spaghetti and ran to Walmart for the stuff the PX didn't have. Sunday morning he made me eggs Benedict which I have been craving for 2 weeks now, but since we live in the middle of nowhere, there isn't anyplace around here that serves it. It wasn't a true hollendiase sauce, but I didn't care it was still awesome, I should have taken a picture of it, it was so pretty. Yesterday morning Andy was finally able to see the babies moving, I've been telling him that I feel them and he couldn't feel them but finally yesterday he saw the belly moving and was able to feel them both. He thought it was weird, but couldn't stop watching. I'm just waiting for when one of them has the hiccups, even I may think that's weird. She is defiantly the mover and shaker, she gets to going whenever I eat or get really still, he is more laid back and an early riser, after the 4am bathroom trip he wakes up and gets to going.

Since I haven't been able to find the Hawaiian/surf fabric to do the Hawaiian theme in the nursery, it looks like we are going to go with cowboys/cowgirl theme. I found some great stripe fabric at Hancocks that will make a cute bumper, plus clearance blue jean bed skirts at Babies R' us, I'm all about the clearance. Then accessorize with the western stars, horse shoes, and some art work that Andy has found online, Andy was ok with the change in themes and actually had some good ideas.

My parents are coming this week, I can't wait to see them since it has been since Christmas. They are leaving Fort Worth thursday night and will hopefully be here friday evening, so 4 more nights. Mom and Ma went shopping down at the base in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago and by the time they left there wasn't much left in the store, so I really want to see what they found clothing and toy wise. Plus they have only seen pictures of the belly so it will be interesting when they see it in person.

So for now we are just taking it day by day, Andy's counting down until Aug. 1st which is 37 weeks, only 144 more days, I'll start small and hope for 53 more days until 24 weeks which is May 1st and with each following day and week it increases their chance of surviving if we have to deliver early. I had a dream last night that we had a c-section at 33 weeks which would mean 3-4 weeks of NICU time, but I will take whatever we get given as long as we have healthy babies.

1 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Sounds like Andy is treating you right! I think the cowgirl/cowboy nursery will be adorable. Keep up the good work, growing those babies :)