Well we went to the doctor friday morning and got good news!! One, Addy was confirmed to be Addy since there was only 75-80% that she was a girl; I got to see her stretched out kicking Jake in the head. Right now she has her head on my left side, feet at the belly button, his head at the belly button and his feet on the right side, so perfect position for her to pick on him. It was entertaining watching it, but it makes me wonder what he is going to do to her growing up.........Both babies are measuring 8 oz. which is on the heavier side since average is 5.5-6 oz. The OB measured my belly and we are measuring 6 weeks ahead at 24 weeks, several people have asked so I will explain that it does not mean they will take the babies early, it just means that compared to a woman carrying one baby I have to same size belly at 24 weeks. 6-8 weeks ahead is pretty normal, now once we get closer to 36-38 weeks I will actually be measuring close to 50 weeks pregnant, so pretty uncomfortable, especcially in the summer in Alabama.


Two, the hematoma that was there 3 weeks ago is now being call a placental lake, the way the nurse explained it is that it is a bruise that will just take time to heal. The doctor was very optimistic that everything will be fine, but he can't give me a 100% guarentee that something won't happen, so we are still restrictions with no lifting, no bending, etc. but the spotting is normal and will probably be something I have throughout the rest of the pregnancy. He did say that at our 24 week appointment it should have stabilized and if by chance it is a hematoma still it should have shrunk. But I feel better since talking to the doctor and getting some more answers, still cautious, but more relaxed about it.
Andy's parents were here this past week, it was a short visit since Andy was still having to fly and go to class, but we spend all friday afternoon out at the flight line getting to see him fly. I've got to get the video off of the camera, but here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:
0 comments:
Post a Comment