Friday, March 27, 2009

Rain, Rain, go away!!

Oh it has been an interesting past few days, we had a tornado warning here on post yesterday morning so me and dogs sat huddled in the hallway. Andy was out at the flight line and I got a text message from him saying that the sirens were going off by them and that I should probably head to the hallway. As I was literally rolling myself up off the couch, the sirens on post started, so I was sitting in the hallway on the dog's pillow that I had thrown in the hallway with the laptop, cell phone, and house phone. We passed the time text messaging Liz and Andy, and of course during all of this I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions. While I know they are normal especially for me to be measuring 25/26 weeks, there was a change in what is considered "normal" for us. So I get a phone call back from the OB saying he wanted to see me immediately and I had to tell them that, uh, the sirens are going off around me and as soon as we got the all clear, I would head down there. So after another trip to the OB in less than a week, I'm just going to start exchanging Christmas cards with them, he determines that everything is fine and still closed, but that he wants me to call anytime there is a change in what we have been experiencing. Still on mandatory rest, but he lets me up occassionally, but the majority of time is spent on the couch.

Then today severe thunderstorms, lightening and thunder, of course I slept through most of it while Rebel kept watch. And because the dogs don't like closed doors, I didn't shut the bathroom door all the way when I took my shower, Rebel likes to lay on the bathmats, in hope of being able to crawl into the tub with you. But I happen to check the clock and I look down and Rebel is in her spot like normal, but Texas, who hates coming into the bathroom if the water or blow dryer is running, is plastered against Rebel and is curled into a tight little ball. Now a ball of a 100lb dog is not tiny, but I'm still amazed as to how small he can compact himself. I guess with the thunder and lightening, he wasn't about to be left out in the living room by himself. The two dogs crack me up somedays, especially Texas, who I swear will think he is a puppy until he is 15 years old.

Because of the weather, Andy has not flown in the past two days and his check ride is next week. the check ride is the "final test" that he HAS to pass to move on. He gets a different IP who's sole job is to give check rides, and he can ask any question from the whole course, plus Andy will have to go flying with him and perform the necessary procedures to prove that he can fly. So he has spent the past week getting ready for it this next wednesday, but because of the weather it has been pushed back to thursday, so one more day for him to study. We are hosting the weekly pot luck tonight at our house, Lasagna is on the menu, due to my restrictions, Andy got let out early because of the rain and came home and cleaned the house, went to the commissary and put up the groceries and still had time to eat lunch. He's being really helpful, it's going to suck when I get my restrictions lifted and have to start cleaning again......

0 comments: