Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby A/Jake

Well I'm sitting here, well laying here, at 15 1/2 weeks, on bed rest, I can't get up to do anything except go the bathroom. As some of you may know, we went to the ER Saturday because I had experienced red bleeding, which is BAD. 6 hours later we had no diagnosis but to take it easy with pelvic rest and to follow up Monday with my OB. Monday morning the bleeding had essentially stopped or was brown, the OB said to keep my appointment I had for Thursday and let him know if it turned red or got worse. So 4pm yesterday it turned red again, Andy was flying until 530, I had no way to get a hold of him, so I was very thankful for Jon, our neighbor, who ran, literally down the street to take me to the ER. His wife Lisa, meet Andy at his car so she could drive him to the ER. So after waiting for 2 hours we finally got back to see a doctor, had an ultrasound which revealed that Baby A's, Jake's, placenta has begun to separate from the wall of the uterus. There is nothing the doctors can do except monitor it and keep me on bed rest so gravity can do the least amount of damage, and hope that it clots itself and stops detaching. If it detaches more than 50% we end up miscarrying both babies, even though Baby B, Addy, is doing great. So we have a wait and see approach. Hopefully the bleeding will stop, which as of this morning it hasn't, and we can continue to carry the babies at least 25-26 weeks where they have a small chance of making it on their own in the NICU. So we have just prepared ourselves for the worst but continue to hope for the best. Andy has been great, I have everything I need beside the bed, video games, food-even though I am having to force myself to eat, phones and the puppy dogs. As of right now I am waiting for the doctors office to open so I can get in today or tomorrow to check and see if the placenta is still seperating or if it still the same. After everything we went through to get pregnant and now having to deal with this, this is probably it. If we have kids it will be through adoption, this pregnancy has been one thing after another and highly stressful and after reading online about this condition, the odds of it happening again, are high. Normally I wouldn't ask, but over the next week or so, if you can keep our family in your thoughts and prayers we would greatly appreciate it. I'll be sure to post whatever we find out of the next coming days.

0 comments: