Friday, August 20, 2010

Buttons. Jake likes to push them.

My buttons to be exact. The kid has been showing us his true colors, the past 13 months have only been lulling us into a false sense of security.

3 stories about Jake from yesterday.

#1
The kids and I were standing in the kitchen, Jake was standing at his cabinet which is a few feet from the trash can. The kids have a habit of trying to pull stuff out of it so I try to redirect and tell them yucky. Anyways, I watch Jake side step to it and start picking at the trash bag, I say something and he side steps back to his cabinet. This goes on a few more times before I yelled, James, in that exasperated voice that moms get. I kid you not, the kid side stepped back to his cabinet, grabbed hold of the handles, threw his head back to look at me then laughed. I had to look away to keep from laughing.

#2
Playing in the living room, Jake's over between the TV and bookcase pulling his toys off the shelf. I'm talking with Addy and I hear this sound, I look up and Jake is beating on the TV. Our nice LCD tv. I tell him to stop and he reaches out with a finger, I say his name and the hand goes back in, continues a few times until he turns around to look at me. I see the hand go up and back to the TV and I say James, and the hand immediately takes a detour to his head. And this is why the TV will be mounted in the new house.

#3
Jake bit Andy twice today, after a round of no, that hurts, he put him on the ground and ignored him, hoping to curb this behavior. He proceeds to throw a tantrum by falling forward and shoving his face into the floor while screaming, no tears by the way. He then rolls over and I fully expected the feet to start kicking at the floor, all the while Andy and I tried to keep from laughing.

In Addy news, she likes to push the buttons on the remote and changed the channel to 666. I took this as a sign that she truly is the spawn of satan and like Jake, is lulling us into a false sense of security.

I love my kids, but somedays I'm tempted to ship them to Grandma's house. She won't even notice them there with that zoo.

0 comments: