Monday, July 19, 2010

Dear Jake

My little Baby A. The problems with your placenta caused a lot of worry and unknown, many prayers were said during those 2 months during the 2nd trimester.

On the day you were born, we had gone in to see the doctor about the pre-e, a little earlier than what he had told us, but I had a horrible headache and pain around my liver. I will never forget the moment when our doctor came in and said "y'all ready to have some babies?", I think panic was my first feeling and "oh my god, these kids have to come out" were next.

2 hours later, 2 spinals, and a panic attack for me, we heard your sweet cries at 11:06am; being born at 35 weeks 2 days, I just kept thinking, please let them cry. You scored a 9 on your Apgar and then started grunting and struggling, you spent your whole time in the hospital down in the special care nursery before being transfered to Montgomery to their NICU.

You were 7 days old when I first got to hold you and let me tell you, I treasure that moment to this day.

After a hellish stay in NICU (the facility and staff), I was so happy when you got your walking papers and were free. Those first few months left me and your dad sleep deprieved and disorentied, but I loved every single bit of it.

Jake, your mommy's little man, a little daredevil that knows no fear and you make me laugh every single day (even though you turn my hair grey with your antics).

Today you turn 1, so many memories have been made in that short little time, while you may not remember them, I know I will.

I love you little buddy.

love,
Mommy

0 comments: