Monday, July 19, 2010

Dear Addy

Baby B, your antics started in the womb, kicking your brother in the head and then shoving him so far over that you took the middle at 31 weeks, not an easy task honey.

When the doctor pulled you out, you were not a happy camper and you let everyone know it. You spent 12 hours in the special care nursery before coming to our room, even in my painkiller and magnesium haze, it was a long time. A nurse we had met in one of our many trips to Labor and Delivery came by and asked if I had seen my babies, I had not, she grabbed 2 other nurses and told them to take me down to see you. I was wheeled down there and got to see for the second time. Daddy spent so much time down there with you and your brother while I rested, he reported back every hour to let me know how it was going.

Finally on wednesday the doctor released us both even though they thought I should stay another day. Mommy was stubborn.

For almost the first month you lived in a hotel and slept on mommy and daddy since you refused to sleep in the pack and play. We came home maybe for a total of 3 nights and slept like a charm in your bed, I was never so thankful for when we brought both of you home to your beds.

You have become a little ham that puts up with all of the big hairbows, tutus, and pictures. You learned to smile when mommy says cheese and show off all those white teeth you use to bite with.

Our little cuddle-bug, you make us laugh with your smiles and squeals.
Happy 1st birthday pumpkin.

We love you baby girl.

Love,
Mommy

0 comments: