Monday, November 9, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa visit


My parents made it into town friday around 530 for their visit. I'm no longer the princess, I realized that Addy and Jake have pushed me from the throne when mom and dad came in and said hi, where are my grandkids. I felt the love. But other than being forced off my throne, it was a great visit. We went to a craft show out in Enterprise and found Addy some more bows! I think she has almost every color in the rainbow now.

We then went to the chili cook off here on post, had some bad chili, some good chili, and some awesome chili, plus Andy got to go look at all the pretty helicopters up close and crawl up in the new Chinooks.
Saturday night, mom and dad kept the kids and let us go out with the guys to a country bar, Alabamians can't two-step or waltz so we had fun showing off. Mom and dad got the kids down without a problem and Addy even learned to sing with Grandpa, apparently he was singing to her and she started trying to mimic the sounds. She did it a little last night with him, too cute.
Yesterday we hit up Dothan for some shopping, the kids are taking their Christmas pictures this week, barring hurricane Ida, and I needed a sweater for Addy that matched Jake's. I didn't find what I wanted, but I found something that will work, plus Grandma bought the kids matching pants from Baby Gap that are super cute, of course pictures will come once I get them washed. Then we hit up Babies r US and found some Christmas presents for the nieces and nephew plus some things for the kids. The kids were defiantly ready for bed last night, they fussed at dinner, Jake passed out in the ride home while Addy fussed the whole way. Got them home and pjs on, their last bottle and they were out by 830, which is their normal bed time, but they fell asleep right after their bottle with no fussing.

Mom and dad left at 4am this morning, they stopped by to drop a couple of things off and say bye once more and then they were getting on the road. It was a short visit and I'm really looking forward to getting at Christmas, as crazy as it is going to be.
What Addy thinks about Grandpa

3 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Sounds great!

I've experienced the dethroning as well. I hear "where's my baby" when my Mom arrives or when we Skype. She likes talking to me on webcam while she looks at Betsy.

Can't wait to see those kiddos!

Annie said...

It was a wonderful and perfect weekend with your parents. So glad you spent that time with them.

Have a nice week.

Mama B said...

Your kiddos are adorable!!!

I started a new giveaway blog:

http://princessproducts.blogspot.com

Go check it out and make sure to enter in my first giveaway!